Thursday, October 14, 2010

Christmas Planner



You can never be too prepared for Christmas. So, here's a little project to help you get organized.

--Cut a piece of cardstock 8 x 5-1/2".
--Score @ 2-5/8" & 2-7/8"
--Cut 2 pieces of designer paper: 2-1/2 x 5" & 2-1/2 x 3" & glue to front side of cardstock.
--Cut a piece of coordinating designer paper: 2-1/2" x 3/4" & glue on top of seam between
the 2 long pieces of designer paper.
--Decorate top (the 2-1/2 x 3" piece)
I punched a wreath: 2-3/8" scallop circle, a regular scallop circle.
Then, I punched a 3/4" circle in the middle of each. I glued them together & punched
2 small holes in bottom of wreath. I strung a piece of ribbon through the holes & tied a knot.
I used a paper piercer & made 9 holes for red brads. The brads look like the berries.
--On the bottom half I printed off the words "Christmas Planner" from my PrintShop
Program & punched the words out with a "Round Tab" punch. Then, I punched another
one in another color & glued them together so, that you can see just a little of
the back one.
--Then, I took the circles that were punched out of the wreath, stamped a snowflake on them & glued them at the bottom.
--I had our Office Supply Store cut some Jr. Legal Pads of paper (they do it for free)
@ 2-1/2 x 8 ".
--Cover the top of the pad (the part with the advertisement on it) with designer paper. --Glue or use double stick tape, one of these pads to the inside.
--THEN...I bought pens that are see-through. Pull out ink cartridge, wrap a narrow piece of
designer paper around ink cartridge & insert back into pen. Now you have a matching pen!
How cool is that?
I made myself one & a couple more for gifts. I put them in cellophane bags & tied a ribbon
around it.
-----I have to thank Debbie @ "The Paper Garden" for this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment