Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween Cat

(Top 3 Winner)
Several years ago, someone made a candy bar holder to give out to the kids for Halloween. They used heavy cardstock & wrapped it around the candy bar & then decorated it. I thought that was a great idea but I wanted to use my pretty paper, which is not substantial enough to hold a candy bar. So, my brain went into overload & I dug through the trash (eww!) & found an empty toilet paper roll, ( I knew it was down there somewhere!) I flattened it, covered it with my DSP & then decorated it. I have made a gob of these since. My friend Debbie, @ The Paper Garden, has put a new twist to it. She put a bag of candy in it & then tied a bow at the top. Cool! Here is mine. The kitty was inspired by Ellen from Blinkin', Thinkin' & Inkin'. Somewhere, I saw someone leave the face off, so that the cat appeared to be looking the other way. I love that. It looks so real.
So, here's the recipe:
Cat- lg oval (head), word window (body), 5 petal flower (ears & legs), Lg Heart (tail), Slot (collar), whiskers (hand cut).
Pumpkins- 3/4" circle (Stem)- jewelry tag- cut at diagonal (Leaves)- 2-Step Bird wing.
(Grass)- scallop border (Moon)- 2-1/2" circle (Bat)- Bitty Bat
DSP- SU! Rich Razzleberry
Bags- SU! Medium Cello Bags

I entered this project @ Stampin Celebration Inspiration Challenge #25
A great site to go & get inspired. Click HERE & take a look!

6 comments:

  1. Neat project! I like how it is reusable. And I love the punch art! Thanks for playing at the Stampin' Celebration again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I have made these for a couple of years now. When I first started I used M & M's and Hershey's w/ Almonds. They fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! I love your punch art. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Super cute! Thanks for playing along this week at the SCIC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable punch art project!! Congrats on being chosen one of the Top 4 at the Stampin' Celebration Challenge. Thanks for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been saving my "tubes' to do a project similar to one I saw BUT I like this one much better. It is very fun! I love the colors and the piecing ... I will be able to use lots of my die-cuts to make a similar scene! THANKS for sharing your project! :)

    ReplyDelete