Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Make your own clothes soap


Last night while I was watching Dancing With The Stars, I was shaving soap to make a batch of clothes soap. I nearly cut my finger off. Bristol made it. Whoo Hoo! Don't care what you say, I am a big fan of hers. Anyway, I remembered that last year I decorated jars & filled them with this homemade clothes soap. It made a great, useful, practical Christmas present. The recipe came from "The Everyday Cheapskate", Grand Island Independent Newspaper. Here it is:

Grate 6 bars of Fels-Naptha soap
3 cups Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
3 cups 20 Mule Team Borax
All can be found in the clothes soap isle at the grocery store or large discount centers.
Mix up well & store in covered container.

For light loads- 2 tablespoons
For heavy loads- 3 tablespoons

This soap will not make suds in your washer. It is perfect for those new washers that use less water. There are no perfumes, so it is great for those with allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment