Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stressed...I mean...Distressed


Distressed:
The challenge over at "Do You Stack Up?", is to make a project that looks distressed. For my card, I made a pocket heart. I found the directions at The Crafts Digital Art Center. After cutting it out, I ran it through my Big Shot with the Vintage Embossing Folder. I distressed the edges with my scissors & inked edges & all. For the little card inside the heart, I printed off a Vintage flower Clip Art, from "Free Vintage Clip Art & Cards", located on my sidebar. I cut the flower card out, sanded it with a nail file, sponged & tore some of the edges. Then, I stamped lightly, some fancy handwriting. Ok, I have to tell the truth, I accidentally ordered a stamp in Spanish. And, since I don't know the translation, I thought I had better stamp it LIGHTLY so you couldn't read it. :) I think it works though. Looks like some old cards that I have seen. The diamond embellishment is an old clip earring that I had in my stash, sentiment is from SU!'s "Of The Earth".
Stressed:
I STILL don't have a Valentine to give this to. If you are in need for a card for your Valentine, I have a few I can spare.... :)

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.

    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at DYSU,
    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this looks just like an original vintage style card! wow. I love this style of card, so delicate, elegant and soft. Great use of lace and ribbons and the rose is just gorgeous.

    LOL at ordering the stamp in spanish - how'd that happen? ;)
    I wonder what it says...?

    I am now following, as I just love the vintage and unique style you have, and I would love to create works of art like that :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Bridget... I love the colours and the vintage style. The lace is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up!
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! this is really pretty.. Way to STACK UP and NOT STRESS but to DISTESS IT!! :) Can't wait to see what you create next week..

    HUGS
    Alison
    Owner DYSU

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Bridget, like those colours and the little envelop
    thanks for joining the 2nd DYSU challenge

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha bridget, what a fun post! your card is really great and the spanish stamp is lovely. you should find out what it means so you can stamp it all over your next project ;) thanks so much for sharing your card with us at DYSU! janna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Love the vintage look. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  9. really beautiful antique looking card

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. Love the vintage feel! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week. :)

    ReplyDelete