Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's A Sketch @ Card Ideas!

"Card Ideas" is having their 1st ever Sketch Challenge! I love sketch's. They take away some of the decisions that go into making a card. It seems, with age, I struggle with even the smallest decisions! This sketch is designed by "Sketches by Carly." You really must check out her blog. She is only 12 years old!


For my card, I chose to use the Laughing Giraffes set by Designed2Delight. I know, my card doesn't look very soft & feminine like maybe you would see on a Mother's Day card. But when I was thinking about what digi I would use, this one was the first to come to mind. When I was younger, I never really saw any of my Mother in me. As I have gotten older, I can see that I not only look like her but I even act & talk like her! Maybe it was all inevitable. Or maybe it's because I admire her so.
paper- Basic Grey & The Paper Studio
digi- Laughing Giraffes by D2D
cardstock- Cherry Cobbler by SU!
Scallop Oval Frame- SU!
punches- Boho Blossoms punch, 2-Step Bird (leaves) & 1/16" circle
markers- SU! & Copics
embossing folder- Sizzix Finial Press

Inside says:
When I look in the mirror
and I see your face
it reminds me that
no matter where I go
or what I do
you will always be a part of me.
Happy Mother's Day Mom!


Please join us in our sketch challenge. And check out Designed2Delight for more inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love what the inside says!! I also love your interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card Bridget! Love what the inside says and your colors are fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what a sweet and thoughtful card. :)

    Maybe we all end up like our parents, lol and thats not such a bad thing either is it ;) I know a lot of my mum lives on in me. :)

    gorgeous image, its so sweet, and it looks great with the warm, earthy tones.

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete