Monday, June 17, 2013

My MIL & Lily's Flowers

Here's a card I made with the latest freebie from Imagine That! Progressive Challenge. If you would like to play along you can purchase this Digi, Lily's Flowers for $1 and then your next digi is free.
I didn't spend as much time on my card as I would have liked. My Mother-in-law passed away. I am so glad that I was able to be there to say good bye. She had been sick for quite a few years. I am sad to see her go. She was my other Mother. I didn't know anything about housekeeping, cooking, canning or living the country life, when I came to Nebraska after Steve and I were married. (I was born and raised in Denver.) She taught me just about everything I know. The funeral was very nice. A family friend/relative sang & played his guitar. My MIL loved the old Hymn's like The Old rugged Cross. Then a story was read that my Sis-in-law had found in a file. My MIL had written it back in the 50's, after she had been married for about 10 years. It was about how she struggled making pies & jelly. She had a wonderful sense of humor! Everyone was laughing! She would have loved that :) 
I will try to post that story soon, so that you can enjoy it too.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Your MIL sounds like she was a lovely lady.

    Your card is very cute. I really like that flower accent to tie it all together too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card really love how you have used Lily hugs Tania (Imagine That DT) xx Sorry to hear about you MIL txx

    ReplyDelete