Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ladybug Kaela

I had so much fun making this bag! The other day, when I was wandering in blogland, I saw where someone used a "playing card" on their birthday project. How fun is that? There are so many neat ideas out there, I hardly have time to do those important things...like sleep.

The challenge @ Card Ideas is called "kidding around". Make a card/project for a young child. For my project, I used Ladybug Kaela by Designed2Delight. I colored her with Copics & then, cut out just the outside edge of her legs. Then, I put the image in my 2-1/2" Circle punch & punched the rest of the image out. For the 2nd circle, I used my handy dandy jar lid! :) For the 3rd circle, I used SU!'s Scallop Circle #2 Die. I learned how to make a simple bow yesterday (see 3-8-11 post). I have always struggled with bows & still do, but this method sure helps!
I am entering my project @ Craft Your Passion Challenges- anything goes
Thanks for stoppin'!....b.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute, i love Kaela........:))
    So nice to get inspiration everywhere, don't ya think??
    lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real cute, love the idea of using a playin card!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY CUTE!! Love the idea of the playing card : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridget, I am LOVING this gift bag! I have seen them use playing cards too, but have never incorporated one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaaaah - you will be in trouble next time someone wants to play cards Bridget, and Im gonna tell! ;) nyah... lol :D

    This is such a gorgeous bag and a really cute image. Love the colours and the whole ladybug feel. Your bow looks fab too :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete