Thursday, August 8, 2013

June

I have been working on my Grandkids scrapbooks. Most of the layouts are pictures of them and their busy lives but every once and a while I like to throw in some keepsakes. This is one of them...a picture of my Mother.
IRL it looks more like a painting than just a picture.
I started out by double matting my picture. Then, in one corner, I glued down 3 flowers, some brown leaves (punched), some rust colored fiber/yarn stuff (sorry, don't know what it's called), and then a "fork bow" with some rust colored ribbon. You can learn more about the bow HERE. I made a banner by punching out 4 squares and then hand cutting them. I inked the edges, added lettering ("June", my Mom's name), then punched 2 holes in each piece, weaved some brown twine through them and tied a bow at each end.
 
On the other side, I printed out my Mom's full name and birth date on this paper I found at the Discount store the other day. It is called Computer Grafix- Printable Transparent Plastic Sheets with adhesive backing. Wonderful stuff! I can make my own stickers now.
I would like to enter:
Creative Card Crew- (hope they will except a layout, rather than a card this time) Banner/Pennant
Crafty Ribbons Challenge- Anything goes (2nd entry)
Thanks for stopping! :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Beautiful photo and love the flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! The photo is stunning and you've matched the colours up beautifully!

    Thank you for joining the challenge with the Creative Card Crew!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete